Staring Karate or any new activity can be difficult so we have endeavoured to make it as easy as possible for all to begin. If you would like to start karate training
Step 1. Make contact
Call the number below, email or contact via social media ( Facebook is probably the best ) and arrange to go to the most convenient class for you.
Step 2.Free two lesson trail.
Train in two lessons free, to see if karate is for you.
Step 3.Join the club and start your karate journey. There is a £25 membership fee, this is a one-off fee, not a yearly cost. This covers you, student, to student insurance. When you become a club member you get a free Karate suit.
1. Our club doesn't charge direct debits or standing orders. If at any point you should decide that Karate is not for you, you can go without. any financial cost/penalty or cancellation fees. If you take a break and decide to return you won't have to pay the £25 membership again.
2. Pay as you train class fees. As we don't charge direct debits or put students on contracts. You only pay if you train. If you are ill or can't attend a class you don't pay, you only pay for the classes that you attend. There are reductions for families.
Doryoku Ryu has a fair Pricing Policy
1.We have one joining fee.You will not be asked for a yearly membership fee, insurance fee, association fee or any other fee other than your training fees once you have joined.
2. Our class fees are “pay as you train”. We do not have direct debits or standing orders. “Pay as you train” means that you only pay for the classes that you attend. If you go on holiday or cannot make a class through illness etc, you do not pay. We have faith in what we teach and we trust our instructors, so there is no need to tie anyone in and make them pay if they do not train. If someone no longer wishes to train they are allowed to leave at any point without any penalties.
3. Reductions and discounts for families and friends, to make training for families possible we offer discounts so that everyone can train.
4. We do not upgrade! There is one standard class fee for all grades, whether you are a white belt or black belt.
5. We do not take money up-front for grades or black belts; students must persevere and improve in order to grade.
6. Our refund policy is in line with guidelines set down by trading standards.
All of our instructors must go through an instructor accreditation programme. This is to ensure that only the most suitable people become instructors and teach our classes. Karate instruction requires a multitude of skills. Ability and skill in Karate is paramount, but in order for our instructors to pass on what they know to our students they must:
The Doryoku Ryu Instructor Accreditation Programme. All of our instructors must:
Only after these criteria have been fulfilled will an instructor certificate be awarded.
As well as this, all Doryoku Ryu Instructors and assistant instructors are also trained once a year on a class management course which includes the latest training in the areas of:
Our instructor accreditation programme surpasses and exceeds the minimum criteria set down by Local government/council and Schools and education authorities.